Key Phrases associated with Theometrics:
• As-built Study
• Deviation Study
• Construction Layout
• Layout Artisan
• Theo Techs
• Dimensional Quality Control
• Risk Mitigation
• Art and Science of Precision Measurement
• Construction Navigation
• Construction Inovations
• Construction Technology
• Construction Patents
• The architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry
• INACCURATE MEASUREMENTS
• Pre-Design drawings
• Conventional Measuring
• LACK OF INTEROPERABILITY
• Communication Gap
• Design Professionals
• Electronic Surveying
• Construction Surveying
• THE MISSING BRIDGE
• Architectural and Engineering (A&E)
• CAD software
• Virtual Construction
• Virtual Design
• Virtual Contractor
• 3D Design
• 4D Design
• 3D BIM
• 4D BIM
• “THE MISSING BRIDGE”
• Measurement and Consulting Services
• Risk Assessment, Dimensional Control
• Risk Management
• Quality Control
• (3D) models
• Forensic Analysis
• “A standardized method of measurement.”
• The Best Means
• The Technological Bridge
• “Sustainable Design”
• “Sustainable Construction.”
• Site Deviation Analysis
• EDUCATION & CAREER DEVELOPMENT
• Theometrics consultants
• On Job Training Methods
• MBE and WBE and SBA
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
• The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
Keywords and Tags commonly assosiated with
Theometrics - "God's Measure" - the art and science of precision measurement
• “God’s Measure” the art and science of precision measurement
• ARCHITECTURAL NAVIGATION – is the communication and technology bridge between design and construction.
• NAVIGATION - process of reading, and controlling the movement of a craft, vehicle or person from one place to another.
• GPS - Global Positioning System is a global navigation satellite system used to navigation worldwide. (Not for indoor applications)
• BIM – Building Information Modeling, a process of generating and managing building data during its life cycle which encompasses building geometry, spatial relationships, geographic information, and quantities and properties of building components.
• AIA – American Institute of Architects is a professional organization for architects in the United States.
• GEOSPATIAL – is a term widely used to describe the combination of spatial software and analytical methods with terrestrial or geographic datasets.
• GENERAL CONTRACTOR - is a group or individual that contracts with another organization or individual (the owner) for the construction, renovation or demolition of a building, road or other structure.
• CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – individual responsible to organize, schedule, mobilize, and direct equipment, material and personnel in performance of a construction contract.
• OWNER REPPRESENTATIVE - Individual or group that controls the design and development process, making sure that the owner’s best interests are at the heart of every decision made.
• SUBCONTRACOR – an individual or group hired by a general contractor to perform a specific task of the overall construction project.
• USGBC – United States Green Building Council, a non-profit trade organization that promotes sustainability in how buildings are designed, built and operated.
• LEED - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design rating system created by the USGBC.
• FIATECH - is an industry consortium of leading capital project industry owners, engineering construction contractors and technology suppliers working in identifying and accelerating the development, demonstration and deployment of fully integrated and automated technologies to deliver the highest business value throughout the life cycle of all types of capital projects.
• OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Administration is an agency of the United States Department of Labor.
• OSHA 10 - training program developed by the OSHA with the intent to assist employers in training and introducing employees to the basic practices of identifying, reducing, eliminating and reporting hazards associated with their work.
• NIST – National Institute of Standards and Technology is a measurement standards laboratory which is a non-regulatory agency of the United States Department of Commerce.
• RISK MITIGATION - efforts taken to reduce either the probability or consequences of incurring financial exposure or bodily injury.
• ESAPS – Early Strategic Alliance Partners
• ANTIKYTHERA INSTRUMENT – an ancient mechanical computer designed to calculate astronomical positions and for navigation.
• Architectural Navigation System: system is a tradesman’s tool for measurement and layout of work. The systems ultimate purpose is to have all of the trades using the tool working off of a unified set of construction documents in real time feeding a master set of construction drawings/ BIM model with new information and pulling current information and work details down to layout work with laser accuracy. Also the device measure horizontal angle, vertical angle, distance sends and receives electronic information via a variety of communication systems and interfaces directly with computers
• Master Station - the Theometrics system device that is purpose built for architectural navigation
• TOTAL STATION - an optical instrument used in modern surveying and archaeology as well as by police, crime scene investigators, private accident reconstructionists and insurance companies to take measurements of scenes.
• Real Time Visualization & Verification - the ability to compare proposed engineering, design or shop drawings directly to an actual measure of a corresponding object structure or space in real time for the purpose of analysis and decision making.
• Dimensional accuracy: this is a measure that is fully accurate not an average or a rough measure. Measure reflects reality
• Critical Path Method – is a mathematically based algorithm for scheduling a set of project activities.
• Red Line Drawings - drawings that a contractor submits to represent changes made during the construction process related to their work.
• CONSTRUCTION BOND - surety bond issued by an insurance company or a bank to guarantee satisfactory completion of a project by a contractor.
• REFERENCE LINES – Axis lines these are the x, y & z lines or marks established on a construction site often this is done by a surveyor, this reference is intended to relate the real space to the construction documents.
• METES & BOUNDS - is a method using physical features of the local geography, along with directions and distances, to define and describe the boundaries of a parcel of land.
Building Smart Alliance